Friday, March 21, 2008

Il Corallo Trattoria

If you are looking for a cozy authentic Italian restaurant and you are in the Soho area (176 Prince St, near Thompson St), look no further than Il Corallo Trattoria. I was taken here a couple weeks ago and I have been craving their hand made pasta ever since.

Here's a look at the dishes we got:

Gotta start off with delicious fresh bread



A little olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping


Looks like a good salad
I really want to have soup now.

Rigatoni Padani - pasta tubes in a tomato cream sauce w/ parmigiano, fresh smoked mozzarella and pecorina cheese. I am recalling what it tasted like. It truly was heaven. The pasta was perfect - al dente of course!


Tortellini Parmigiano - cheese filled pasta with fresh green peas and prosciutto in a light cream sauce with parmagiano cheese. No peas are in this one b/c a certain someone just doesn't eat it. I won't name names.

Fusilli Boscaiola - a spiral pasta with mushrooms and fresh green peas in a light cream of tomato sauce. Peas are present.



It's nice to end with a cappuccino


I don't know if I have convinced anyone to try this place, but I think I just re-convinced myself that I need to go back. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mary, im going here!!!!! i am more than convinced!

~Karin