Monday, March 31, 2008

Magnolia Bakery

On a brisk Saturday afternoon, I stood on the block long line outside of the famous Magnolia bakery. It was long. I was cold. It was so worth it.

This is what I got (Sorry - don't have pics for these):

-Banana Pudding (12 oz - $4.50; 16 oz - $5.50; single bowl - $24; double bowl - $36) A heavenly concoction of vanilla wafers, fresh bananas and creamy vanilla pudding. I can't wait to get this again. I want to throw a party, just so I can buy the large bowl size and have everyone bring a spoon.

-Cookies (5o cents a pop) I got an assortment of chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and peanut butter cookies.

Their cookies are amazing. I don't think I ever had such delicious cookies. It's soft, moist, chewy, and a little crisp (in a good way). I don't know if it's the oven, the recipe or perfect timing, but the cookie has perfect consistency in every bite. My favorite is the chocolate chip =)

-Cupcakes ($2.25 each) I got the vanilla cupcakes with vanilla icing in pink, blue and green. I love cupcakes and was eager to get my fingers on these. I'm sad to say that I was disappointed. The icing was tooo sweet and kinda hard. The cake should be light and airy, but was heavy, dense and a little dry.

The bakery is small and is packed on Fridays and Saturdays. The cupcakes go fast, but are replenished quickly. There's a limit of one dozen cupcakes per customer. You can imagine why, since they did start the cupcake craZe.


Check out there menu http://www.magnoliabakery.com/MAG_webMenu3.pdf

No comments: