Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pho? Anyone?

YUM!!!! Me and mom went to eat some Viet today. I love going out to eat. We both ordered Pho. I had the Pho Thai Sach. Thai means raw meat. Sach is tripe (cow stomach). It's not as scary as it sounds. If you ever had Pho, then you know it's always served with thinly cut slices of beef. This is layed on top of the noodle. Then very hot beef broth is poured over this. When it is brought to the table, you gotta quickly dip your meat into the soup, so that it can cook. It's very tasty and filling. It's great during these cold winter months.

Never had Pho? or Viet? Here's what to expect:

You are welcomed with some nice hot tea. It helps loosen up phlegm (sorry to be gross- this is how my parents encouraged me to drink tea).


After a gander at the menu, you finally decide to pick the traditional and hearty Vietnamese dish - Pho. A seperate plate of garnishes come (as seen below) that is very necessary in eating Pho. It contains bean sprouts, thai basil and lemon wedges. You can add according to your preference.


Pho is finally here! Did you know Pho is the fastest thing you can order in a Viet restaurant? They always have the soup brewing hot all day, from morning to closing time. All they gotta do is put some noodle and whatever meat you'd like in a bowl and pour the steamy savory soup over it. mmm mmm goood! (Note the raw meat in the soup - submerge in soup!)


Add your bean sprouts, basil leaves and don't forget to squirt some lemon on!~

This is what my bowl looks like when I'm done. I was too caught up in taking pics that I forgot to eat the last strands of noodle. Darn!


Hope you enjoyed my lunch as much as I did!! =)

No comments: