Thursday, February 7, 2008

Trend Eaters

For the past few years pomegranate was the "it" fruit. They were everywhere! From POM juice to face cream (I spent $30 dollars on a 1oz. face sunblock infused with pomegranate). Talk about an over rated fruit. Now pomegranates are sooo last year and it's now all about the acai berries. I see acai everywhere. It's almost agitating.

I won't lie, I too am a trend eater. I love to try exotic fruits. But the eagerness to spend ridiculous amounts on fruit drinks and moistourizers must stop. Why are we soo ready to go out and infuse everything with acai just because Oprah said it's on her top ten superfood list. We musn't let this hype overshadow the original fruit, praised for it's overabundance of antioxidants - GRAPEFRUIT.

I had grapefruit everyday last week. It was so refreshing. Way better than acai!


*NOTE: The tone of urgency is not a dramatization.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!yia mary it's tiffany.(your neice)
i love grapefruit!BUT i CAN'T believe you posted it at 1:13am
that's SO LATE!
i really really love your website so far!
see you later!



-TIFFANY HONG